THE DATA AND INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE IS INTENDED FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY. IT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES ARE DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. EXPERIENCE HAS PROVEN THAT THE TIMELINESS, RESOLUTION AND MANNER IN WHICH DATA FROM THESE TYPES OF MODELS IS USED DOES NOT WHOLLY SUPPORT THE EFFECTIVE OR RELIABLE USE OF THE DATA IN MAKING DECISIONS OF AN IMMEDIATE OR SHORT TERM NATURE THAT INVOLVE THE SAFETY OF PEOPLE OR PROPERTY. THE USER ASSUMES ALL RISK AS TO THE USE OF THE DATA AND/OR INFORMATION. IN NO EVENT SHALL SLWDC, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION OR DISPLAY OF THIS DATA/INFORMATION, BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS.
The Web site linking to these terms (“Site”) was developed by the South Louisiana Wetlands Discovery Center (SLWDC).
SLWDC is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization and, as such, is subject to specific federal, state, and local laws regarding sources of income, political activities, use of property, and similar matters. As a result, commercial use of the Site or the Materials for non- SLWDC purposes is generally prohibited. Requests for exception to this should be directed to email@example.com
The names, “Vanishing Points, South Louisiana Wetlands Discovery Center and SLWDC” and the names, acronyms or trademarks associated with any of its other programs or laboratories may not be used in any advertising or publicity to imply an association with SLWDC or endorsement by SLWDC of any products, services or institutions, unless specific written permission is obtained from SLWDC
- Contributed Content. Certain Sites may provide a blog or other service that permits participation by and contributions from users other than SLWDC employees (“Contributors”). Any Contributor of images, footage, information, documents or other materials (“Materials”) posted to the Site is solely responsible for the content. By posting any Material, the Contributor:
- grants to SLWDC, its successors and assigns, a perpetual, worldwide, nonexclusive right, for no fee: to use, copy (an unlimited number of times), perform, publish, distribute, transfer, sell (on a cost-recovery basis only) and disseminate the Material (and derivative works) in all media, including the World Wide Web; to create derivative works from the Material; and to sub-license to others all such rights in and to the Material;
- represents and warrants that (i) Contributor is the sole author/creator of the Material, (ii) Contributor has complete authority to grant the rights described herein, (iii) there are no recognizable individuals in any Material, other than individuals who have signed comprehensive releases permitting the use of their image, and (iv) SLWDC’s exercise of its rights in the Material (as described in this agreement) will not infringe upon any right of privacy, copyright or any other proprietary right held by another party;
If any of the foregoing representations and warranties are false, Contributor shall defend, indemnify, and hold SLWDC harmless from any resulting claims, demands, damages, costs (including reasonable attorney fees) and liabilities.
- Links. The Site contains links to other Web sites that do not belong to SLWDC (“third-party sites”). Any third-party site is outside the domain of and is not under the control of SLWDC. SLWDC is providing the link only as a convenience. SLWDC is not responsible for the content or use of any third-party site or any linked site contained within the third-party site, or any changes or updates thereto. No sponsorship, approval or endorsement of any product, service or information provided by the third-party site, the content of the site, or the site itself is intended or implied by SLWDC.
- What Personal Information Does SLWDC Collect? You can visit most SLWDC Web sites and access most of our services without identifying who you are, or revealing personal information such as your name, birth date, e-mail address or mailing address, that can be used to identify you. However, some services may require registration. When you register with us, you may need to complete certain fields (some are required and some are optional), as well as choose a user name and password. In these situations, if you choose to withhold any personal information requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain services or parts of a specific Web site.
- General Use Information. SLWDC receives and stores certain types of information whenever you interact with the Web site. For example, SLWDC maintains Web activity log files such as the number of pages requested, time spent on a page, and result sets from search queries. SLWDC and its outside contractors extract and aggregate information from these log files for security purposes as well as to gauge and improve the effectiveness of the Web site and services.
- Sharing of Information. Certain partners and outside contractors hired by SLWDC have access to user information in order to assist SLWDC in carrying out security, financial and operational activities. From time to time, SLWDC may also share user information with its sponsors, auditors and consultants.
- Signing Up For Services. In some instances, SLWDC may request information through an enrollment process for a Web service, Web site analysis, survey, or event registration. To enroll or participate, you may voluntarily supply personal information. SLWDC shall use the information, and may share the information with event planners, as described in the enrollment process or Section 3 of this Policy. Contact the Web site operator to correct any information you submit.
- Security. SLWDC maintains all personal data with technical, administrative, and physical safeguards intended to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and improper use. No computer system or information can be completely protected against every possible hazard, but SLWDC provides reasonable and appropriate controls to protect personal information against foreseeable hazards.
- Legal Requirements. SLWDC may access and disclose any and all available user information to the extent necessary to meet national security, public interest, or legal process requirements, such as a court order or subpoena.
- Interaction with Children. This Site offers some limited educational content that may be of interest to students under 13. No personally identifiable information is collected from these visitors unless voluntarily submitted as a request for information or educational services. The information supplied is used to respond to the user’s inquiries or to provide educational services requested by the user. Students are advised to consult with their parents before giving any personal information online.
- Accessibility. SLWDC endeavors to make information available to all interested parties. We attempt to maintain the primary SLWDC Sites, and other sources of information intended for the general public, in a manner that meets generally agreed upon accessibility criteria. Other information, such as bulk data and automatically generated content, may not always be accessible using existing assistive technology. If you encounter information which you cannot access with assistive technology, please contact us and we will work with you to see if such information can be provided in an appropriate way.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the practices of SLWDC, please contact us using the contact information below.
South Louisiana Wetlands Discovery Center
c/o Bayou Terrebonne Waterlife Museum
7910 Park Ave
Houma, LA 70364
The following procedures implement the SLWDC’s compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (PDF).
NOTIFICATION OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that your work has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and such infringement is occurring on the SLWDC Web site please provide SLWDC a Copyright Infringement Notification.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act requires that all notices of alleged copyright infringement be in writing. For SLWDC to act on your notice, you must be authorized to enforce the copyrights that you allege have been infringed. When informing SLWDC of an alleged copyright infringement, you should:
(1) Identify the copyrighted work that allegedly has been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works at a single Web site are involved, please provide a representative list of such works on that site. SLWDC Copyright Agent shall receive all claims of infringement
(2) Describe the material that is claimed to be infringing and provide sufficient information to permit SLWDC to locate that material.
(3) Provide your contact information, including an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address.
(4) Certify or include a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyright-protected material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the owner’s agent, or law.
(5) Certify that the information that you have provided SLWDC is accurate. You should attest under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to enforce the copyrights that you allege have been infringed.
(6) Include your physical or electronic signature.
SLWDC may not be able to act on your complaint promptly or at all if you do not provide this information.